As a significant employer in the industrial distribution industry, we take our responsibility to our associates very seriously and do our best to create a legacy of success – individually, by team and as one HD Supply family. We are dedicated to improving our people’s lives.
- Safety: We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our associates. We construct and operate our facilities with safety in mind, and we empower our associates to take proactive measures to ensure a safe work environment. Through our safety training programs, we encourage our associates to adopt personal and work-related practices that will prevent injuries and enhance their quality of life. We have established and implemented sound occupational health and safety programs and have committed to continuously improving our processes. Where existing laws and rules are not adequate to meet our level of safety standards, we will adopt more stringent requirements.
- Diversity: Inclusion and diversity starts with creating a culture where every associate feels a part of the HD Supply family, regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or experiences. We embrace and welcome people from different backgrounds who bring unique experiences, interests, ideas and behaviors to our company.
- Code of Conduct: HD Supply does not tolerate unethical or unlawful behavior and requires associates to comply with the company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, which addresses a wide range of critical areas. We maintain our AlertLine®, an anonymous hotline for associates to report concerns and questionable activity.
HD Supply is dedicated to Taking Care of Ourselves and Each Other. Our service extends to the local communities in the form of volunteerism, product donations and giving to organizations that positively impact the communities where we live and work. We believe in directly supporting causes that adhere closely to our business and core values, and we seek to better the world in which we live. Specifically:
- Education: Support the education of our youth through organizations and programs fostering educational excellence.
- Build: Support construction, reconstruction and rehabilitation programs and organizations and disaster relief in our local communities.
- Supporting Our Troops: Support our servicemen and women including our active-duty associates, veterans and their families.
HD Supply is committed to protecting the environment and complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. We expect our associates to be environmentally responsible and implement operational practices to minimize the impact of our operations on the environment. We encourage and promote the conservation of natural resources through recycling, waste minimization and energy efficiencies.
Recognizing that sustainability is a critical need to protect our environment and our way of life, HD Supply has incorporated many green practices into our daily operations from the installation of energy-efficient lighting at many locations to the implementation of comprehensive recycling programs. For us, sustainability is not just about selling green products, it's about fostering an environmentally sensitive culture across the company.